Sunday, October 1, 2017

Falling into Change


Change. Change is everything I am living right now. I experience it daily and can't escape it. New school, new colleagues, new students, new ways, and new expectations for myself. I am drowning in change, but something about it feels right. Brene Brown captures this perfectly when she says, "Lean into the discomfort." Lean, well, I may have just fallen into the discomfort instead. It is hard being new. I have only ever been "new" one time in education; however, I truly believe that I was placed in this position for a reason beyond my control. While I am loving my new home, I am looking forward to finding my groove and the chance to impact those around me. I will move through the discomfort and will create opportunities for my students to learn and lead. We will be risk-takers together.
With this season of change, I begin my second session of #IMMOOC with a fresh perspective. I am joining with an eagerness to define where I need to go and what I need to continue on my journey of becoming an innovator.
I realize that this "change" I have been given is a chance to learn, connect, and grow as an educator. Now, I just need to make the magic happen and watch amazing things happen.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname