Saturday, April 1, 2017

On the Journey

Innovation is a journey. George Couros reminds us that we will never "arrive" at a final destination, but continually move forward to create better learning opportunities. This innovation journey will constantly push us to give our students a place to build on their strengths. 

"Every human on this planet is so special, so aren't we all deserving of something better, of using our minds for innovation rather than memorization, for creativity rather than futile activity, for rumination rather than stagnation." -Erica Goldson

This whole idea of innovation being a "journey" lifts a huge weight off my shoulders. I am on a journey as an educator to better my practices. I can start today by being more intentional and connecting with other educators that have the same passions. I know that I am on my way and headed in the right direction because my focus is on my students. This is where it starts. Each morning I can begin by asking if what we are doing is going to cause my students to have a "hunger for learning." My mindset will open the opportunities for my students. The way I teach, guide, and facilitate will unleash my superpower and lead to innovation. Let the journey begin!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname