Monday, March 13, 2017

Creating Culture #IMMOOCB1



Our culture is established at the beginning of the year when my students take an oath stating what they will do over the course of the year. This isn't for me, this is for them. This is a promise to themselves to be open to learning and leave fifth grade a better person than when they came.

My goal is for students to be able to reflect on their learning experience and feel confident about what they accomplished beyond test scores.  I want students to look back at the end of the year and feel like they were loved and cared for, they were supported, they were built up, and they were given the courage to keep going when it didn't seem possible.

The culture of our classroom is that of a welcoming home. I remind them often. This home is where we learn together and grow together. This home we spend our time in creates a culture where all things are possible and where innovation can exist.

I PROMISE to....
be kind to others
offer a listening ear
learn from others
open my eyes to new ideas
ask questions
honor other's differences
be responsible for learning
have fun
laugh
build up my classmates
challenge myself
keep trying.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname