Saturday, March 24, 2018

Ambition


AMBITION-
:a  strong desire to do or to achieve something typically requiring determination and hard work
:the desire or determination to achieve success

Synonyms: aspiration, eagerness, desire, moxie, passion, thirst, vigor, yearning, get up and go

It starts here with me. I have been soaking up every learning opportunity and reaching out with determination to make our classroom a place that changes how we learn. Eagerness, desire, thirst, yearning, and the get up and go mentality is the force that is driving our classroom to the next phase. I can only hope that these words would describe my students as they approach new learning. Again, I have to remember that it starts here with me. I can help develop these qualities first through relationships and classroom culture.

“If we create a culture where every teacher believes they need to improve, not because they are not good enough but because they can be even better, there is no limit to what we can achieve.” -Dylan William

It is important that my students discover their ambition and vision to see themselves as members of society (or our classroom) that are needed and valued. My students have this untapped potential that is waiting to be unleashed. My position allows for me to help them realize this potential and ignite the spark within them.
I have to take the time to dig deep and create the relationship that allows me to guide them in the right direction toward their passions. I believe that when given the chance to interact with students and discuss their world, I will find that my students have ambition, want to achieve, and will want to work hard because it matters to them.
Taking the drive I have in combination with my students ambitions is the key to our classroom becoming innovative, empowered, and ready to approach school in a different way.

“Motivation comes when learners have opportunities to exert agency in the learning process. Agency comes from the power to act, which requires learners to have the ability to make decisions and take ownership of their own behaviors in the process” -Katie Martin

Incorporating student voice and choice into my classroom this year has led me down the path that is empowering my students in the classroom. They are finding their interests, passions, and their voice. They have experiences that will last. Learning from other educators has played a huge role in determining the evolution of our classroom this year. I am very grateful for the learning that I am experiencing daily. I am on a journey. I have the ambition, moxie, and desire to make the conditions of our classroom innovative. I am looking forward to see where learner centered innovation takes us!

-LL

#IMMOOC 4 Week 3: Blog 3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname